Let's Get Acquainted- Linky Party (and then organizing before school is out!)

Linky Questions
1. What made you decide to become a teacher?
2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
1.  When I was little, I loved playing school with my sister.  When I went to college, I did volunteer work as as a tutor in a juvenile detention center.  I also worked part-time for the Native American department of our local school district as a tutor.  I also have a degree in computer science (I'm kind of a big nerd), but teaching is much, much more fun & rewarding!  It is also much more challenging! 
2. Every day when I watch students make connections with the books they are reading is incredibly rewarding!  I also love it when past students have come back to tell me all about the current books they are reading!  I love that they are excited about reading, and I can tell that they will be life-long readers :)

3.  If I wasn't teaching, I would probably work at a book store!

End-of-the-Year
I'm NOT counting down the days, but today I realized that I need to start cleaning up/organizing, so I can go home.  Sometimes I keep things that I don't need, just because I'm afraid that one day I might need them.  This is not a good habit!!!
Here is my list of things to do:
1.  Go through files and purge anything that hasn't been used this school year.
2.  Go through notebooks and make sure everything is current and purge old papers!
3.  See if there are any resources that I'm not using that another teacher might LOVE :)
4.  Organize the book room!!!

What is on your end-of-the-year "must do" list?

2 comments

  1. I forgot about working in a bookstore! That would be cool to, but I would tend to spend my paychecks!

    Crystal Shepherd
    lucytumnus@gmail.com
    The lamppost in 1st grade math

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching kids to love reading is way at the top of my list too.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top