Five for Friday: I Gave Away My Pants




I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday :)
1.  I've been cleaning and organizing like crazy (closets, file cabinets, everything)!  Last year they changed our dress code, and I had to buy some new pants and FAST.   I hated wearing them all last winter (they were warm).  I thought they were "frumpy."    So I gave them away (all of them)!   No more frumpy pants for me!  I tend to be practical, and as long as they were in my closet, I would continue to wear them.  I figured the only way to not wear them was to donate them.  Now I'm going to be more careful when I pick out pants!!! I have 1 pair of pants that I like (that are not jeans), and I have lots of dresses.  I will survive ...just not in frumpy pants :)

2.  Vera Bradley just released their new patterns.  MUST.TRY.TO.RESIST!
 
3.  It has been cold here!!!  No swimming for us this week...instead we saw Rio 2 at the $1.00 movie theater :) 

4.  I'm still not in "back-to-school" mode! However, I happened to be about 1 mile from school (which never happens in the summer), so I stopped by and the building was open...well kind of.  Anyways, I nicely begged to run to my room, grab some stuff, and leave quickly.  Operation "organize my files" has begun!!! I'm happier organizing at home :)  These binders were pretty reasonably priced on Amazon!

5.  I just finished Where'd You Go Bernadette!!  I'm so glad my librarian friend recommended it!  Bernadette is very unique and lives a unique life!!!  The characters are quirky, opinionated, and not to mention catty!!!!  It has lots of lessons and themes.  I've probably way over analyzed the book, but it's fun for me to get totally lost in a book, and this one was perfect!!! 
http://www.amazon.com/Whered-You-Go-Bernadette-Novel/dp/0316204269



6 comments

  1. I think I'm going to have to try that book you mentioned! Sounds good! (and I especially like the cover!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the frumpy pant thing! It is hard to find pants that are cute, go with outfits and aren't jeans!! Good luck... I know you can find some good ones! And thanks for the book recommendation!
    Christy
    Crayons and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the book recommendation. Our city's library has about 8 copies and they are all checked out. I put it on hold, which is actually a bonus because it means I should have time to finish what I am reading now. :) :) Thanks!!
    ~Amanda from His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Where'd You Go Bernadette, as well. Very quirky and funny - in an odd way. You are not over analyzing! Going to Antarctica was odd, no? Over all, good read. I suggest All Fall Down by Jennifer Weiner or Me Befoe You by Jojo Moyes. Enjoy. :)
    ~Tammy
    Teaching Math K to 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get All Fall Down!!! Thank you for the suggestion :) I also read Me Before You this summer :)

      Delete

Back to Top