Made it Monday: Organization with a Freebie!

My Monday Made It involve organization!
For the past two years, I've used a dry erase board that I got at Walmart for $1.99.  IT IS BORING!

It keeps us organized, but I wanted something "fancier."  I loved this one!

Here's the deal...my son's middle name should be "I Will Break It!"  Bless his heart...he is seven and practices his American Ninja Warrier moves all over the house.  I can't tell you how many times he has knocked down the dry erase board from the fridge..there is no way I could use glass!

This was easy and free.  I used PowerPoint, background paper from Ashley Hughes, and a font from Cara Carroll
Even my husband liked it :)

This is my before picture of my desk organizer!!  FYI- I have random stuff stored in it because I moved in a hurry when I packed my classroom!!! 
I wanted to spice up my desk organizer.  I made drawer labels. The Tattooed Teacher had a great resource to help me!   I've used Modge Podge with scrapbook paper, but never with something from an ink jet printer.  I had to be really careful or it caused the ink to run!  I ended up using clear packing tape, and you can't even see it! 

I put the labels on blue scrapbooking paper.  I'm happy with the results :)  Now you can't see if my drawers are messed up ;)

I love these owls from Tracee Orman.


Here are the labels for you to download for free!! Just click on the picture!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Owl-Labels-for-Containers-1310652



7 comments

  1. I like the way you were able to reuse what you had and make it better. Your projects look great! Hopefully, I'll be able to get something made for next week. I haven't been very productive.
    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this frame idea! I can see it with rainbow colors in my classroom! :0) Thanks so much for sharing!

    Smiles,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the frame would be awesome at the front of the room with "I Can" Statements for each subject!

      Delete
  3. Great minds think alike! I just changed up my drawers too! :)
    Aris
    Sailing into Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the drawer labels! And the frame organizer is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your drawer labels are cute!

    I'm your newest follower!
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dry erase family organizer is cute, simple & functional!
    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top