Peek at My Week: The Drinking Gourd

We focused on inferencing (informational) and main ideas/details (literature) last week.  Inferencing was REALLY difficult. 

We are also going to continue making predictions, inferencing, and asking and answering questions with the book, The Drinking Gourde.   I made up a little packet for students to use.  Each chapter has a section for students to work on that are focused around our three main learning targets this week.   I've never tried this before...We shall see how it works!!  This way my students can work at their own pace, but still practice the skills they need the most help with, and they can conference with me :) 



A great resource I found to introduce the book is a website about the underground railroad...including the song, "Follow the Drinking Gourd."

This week as exit slips, we will use some more of the inferencing cards we used last week!

 Don't forget to check out other great lesson plans at Mrs. Wills Kindergarten!
  
http://www.mrswillskindergarten.com/2014/09/peek-at-my-week-apples.html



No comments

Back to Top