January 2015 Currently

I'm totally loving have 16 days off for winter break.  I actually do not return until Jan 6th!  Last year we got 1 full week off and then went back on Jan 2nd...not a good deal!!!!  I can't believe tomorrow is Jan 1, 2015!  Time flies when you are having fun!

We took three road trips and even got to go to a Bowl Game!! My children are amazing travelers and they are great sports!

I haven't thought about school, so I need to get organized for school...but it can wait a few more days!

I couldn't fit all my YES, MAYBE, and I WISH in the box.
YES: Taking time to enjoy things!  Sometimes I rush through things and I don't stop and smell the roses.  I need to smell more roses.
MAYBE: I can beat my best ever 5k time (which occurred 4 years ago)!
I WISH:  I do home visits sometimes, and I know that not all the students at my school have a happy life like my children have.  I wish all children could have happy homes where they are loved and they get to be a kid and not have grown-up worries!



5 comments

  1. I agree...winter break should be 3 weeks long, would be nice!
    -Lovely Nina
    http://lovelyninadesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Yes, please put me in for 3 weeks, too! Sounds like you've had a wonderful time! I have already checked to see when we go back next year. LOL! I love having Christmas closer to the middle. A little bit of time to get ready and then time to do fun things after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having 16 days off has been perfect! Very needed after the long fall stretch of school days. I love your "I wish" statement - what a beautiful wish to have in this new year. :)
    ~Amanda from His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bridget,

    Yes, can we make winter break 3, or 4 weeks long?! Haha. I think I could use a little more R&R!! :)
    Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for a longer Winter Break too. I need one week to have vacation, one week to recover from the vacation, and one week to work on projects! Two weeks has not been long enough! Totally agree with your wish.I am following a blogger right now that is in China to get her adopted daughter. How amazing for that precious baby girl that someone has a heart that big. Have a great extra day off!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top