2015-2016 End of the Year Review with a FREEBIE!

As the 2015-2016 year winds to a close,  I wanted to share some of my favorite ideas with you! 

 I bought these fans at Hobby Lobby and just added some fun and inspirational words on them.  They decorated my back wall all year, and I love how bright and big they are!  I plan on using them next year!  They were super easy to put together.  I used hot glue to add the words.

I found these foam counting cubes at the Dollar Tree and I wish I bought 10 bags of them, because I've never been able to find them again.  They are perfect for both math and literacy work stations! Here I used them to play a CVC word building game.  I've also used them with upper and lower case letters and spelling words.

I always find great ideas at Michaels.  These are bookmarks, but I use them as "talking sticks" when we do Kagan Cooperative learning.  They work great in my kinder and first grade groups.  If you have the frog or the monkey, it is your turn to talk.

Throughout the year,  I found GREAT alphabet ideas.  From cool clothes pins to fun stamps.  Michaels helped make my work stations more fun!

My students LOVED playing Guess the Sight Word.  It was an activity that always keep them busy the entire work station time! Here is a freebie for you to try.  It comes with a key to help the students solve the words.  

One of my favorite organization ideas is using photo boxes to store task cards.  I use different colors to help differentiate.  You can buy them in 4x6 or 5x7 size.  They are durable and perfect for work stations!




No comments

Back to Top