Gearing Up for a Great Year (With Freebies)!

I'm linking up with teachers from the Reading Crew to help get you ready for a great school year.  My tips are all related to staying organized during literacy work stations.

Tip 1
Photo containers from Michaels are great to keep you organized at Literacy Work Stations.  I've used them to store magnetic letters.  They are the perfect size and make them very easy to store.  I've also used them to store task cards.  I like that they come in different colors and you can easily differentiate task cards by color.
Using photo organizers to keep task cards organized!

Tip 2
Label everything.  It makes it so easy for both you and the students to find things!  I like having containers for work stations that are labeled.  They just stack and can be stored on a shelf.
Label everything so students can easily find their work station and materials.

In addition, it makes it easier to keep work stations organized when supplies are labeled for the students.  You can download these labels for supplies free!
Label supplies so students can easily find- and put away materials!

Tip 3
Have a Station Manager that the students ask for help.  I always have this be a class job.  That way, when issues come up, the Station Manager helps out!  I just print out these badges, laminate them, and clip them on lanyards for the Dollar Tree.  You can download these job tags here!
A station manager can work stations running smoothly!
These great bloggers have amazing ideas to help you have a great school year!





6 comments

  1. I definitely need a workstation manager lol, thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great labels! Organization is huge for establishing routines. Thanks for the freebie, and have a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your labels are adorable! Thanks for sharing :)

    Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big help for teachers to get organized at the beginning of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tips! I organize everything in bins and label them too! The idea of having a manager is fantastic! I bet they love the lanyard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always on the lookout for excellent organization tips, and your timing is perfect!!! Your labels are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top